When in the mood for baking something very quixk yet extra delicious, these chocolate chip cookies with pistachio nuts are just the thing!
I’ve baked cookies many many times before, but this time I made them in a new version with chocolate chips and pistachios. I think pistachios must be my all time favorite nut. And I love the subtle touch of dotted green they bring to the cookies.
You can use whichever type of chocolate you prefer, but I do recommend using one of high quality. You will for sure be able to taste the difference!
Ingredients (30 cookies)
100 g pistachios, unsalted and shelled
300 g dark chocolate 70 %, I used chocolate chips from Callebaut 70,4 %
230 g butter, room temperature
170 g sugar
120 g brown sugar
330 g all purpose flour
1,5 tsp baking soda
0,5 tsp salt
Et pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC/390 ºF.
- Chop the pistachios coarsely and put them to the side.
- Chop the chocolate too, into rough chunks. If you’re using chocolate chips it’s obviously not necessary to chop them.
- In a bowl beat butter with the two sugars until it is light and fluffy.
- In a new bowl sieve together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the egg to the butter mixture and stir until it is well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until it forms into a doughy consistensy.
- Add pistachios and chocolate to the dough and stir until it is well combined.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on two baking sheets, roll the dough into 30 small balls and place the balls on each baking sheet with a little space between each ball.
- Bake the cookies in the oven, one baking sheet at a time, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack and sprinkle with flakes of sea salt.