I really love reading random facts about the bloggers and Instagrammers that I follow. It’s so much fun, entertaining and at the same time easy-to-read, haha.
So I thought I’d write down 10 totally random facts about me. Facts that aren’t about cakes or baking, so you can get to know me a bit better. Let’s just keep it at 10 for this time, right? I’d might add more if you’d like it next time.
So here we go: 10 random facts about me
- I cry when I laugh. A lot. Including tears and loud sobbing sounds.
- I am an expert at making a mess. Unfortunately. My home is always cluttered and messy, and it’s a constant battle to keep it under control.
- I am really commited to creating awareness about intellectual property rights. You can read this article that I wrote about it.
- I don’t know what I want to be when I “grow up”. For now I make a living blogging and writing about food. I truly love it and it’s very exciting, but I don’t see myself blogging 10 years from now. I know for sure that I want to do something related to my degree (MA in Islamic Studies), but I’m very afraid that having been away from that field for many years will negatively effect my job opportunities.
- I got my drivers license last year. As a 28-year-old. Never actually felt like I really needed it, before that.
- I get such bad hangovers that many years ago I more or less stopped drinking alcohol. My hangover will start already at 10pm if I have my first drink at 6pm. And it will last for 36 hours being so bad that I feel like I’m dying.
- I am a (self-appointed) master of small talk with strangers, and I love to have a small chat with the lady standing in front of me in the supermarket queue or the sales assistant in a shop.
- I dream of teaching/guiding children in need of a mentor or an extra big sister. There isn’t anything more giving in the entire world, than helping young people reach their full potential and truly shine. I have many years of experience from being a teacher in a Danish Refugee Council café, but unfortunately I had to stop during my pregnancy. But OH how I loved being there!
- I have a large and colorful tattoo of three swallows on the inside of my arm. The swallows represent my three younger siblings.
- I find it very embarrassing if people witness me make a mistake. For example, if I’m biking down a lane and I realize that I’ve biked too far, I’d rather continue straight ahead and take a detour to get back, than to make a u-turn right then and there. Or if I’m sitting in the metro and I realize that I should have been off at the stop that it’s at now, I’d rather stay seated to go one stop further and take an other metro back, than to run for the doors.